Online Database of Complementary Currency Systems Worldwide
Valuable Local Currency (VLC)
|Position / Job Title
|Currency System Information
|Year the System was Started
|Medium of Exchange
||Notes / Bills
|Unit of Value
||Units of National Currency Equivalent
||Contract Agreement to Accept Currency
- FREE - No Charge
- Interest on loans in national currency
|Source of Funding
|Purpose for Establishing System
||See Additional Information
|Size of Membership
|Population of Area Served by System
|Estimated Yearly Operating Budget
||National Currency: 100 GBP (175 USD)
|Yearly Volume of Trade
||Internal Currency: 80,000
|Main Goods and Services Traded
1. To provide low cost financing for new projects through low interest loans and surpluses generated by the currency project itself.
2. To enable existing businesses to make savings on bank charges (surprisingly perhaps, this benefit may outweigh the value of the low cost financing), and to stimulate trade amongst community business, residents and visitors.
3. To promote these businesses and projects, and the Ecovillage in general as a place of innovation and sustainable economy
4. To inspire both guests and residents with the demonstration value of a locally based currency, and to get the users thinking about how and where they spend their money.
5. To create gift capital for local projects.
(Taken directly from website)
Findhorn Ecovillage Eko
Designed by Stephen DeMeulenaere
and Programmed by Albert Fløde
Feedback may be sent to stephen @ complementarycurrency.org